Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear guests,
I am greatly honored and pleased to welcome you all to the 2020 IEEE 16th International Conference on Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing, event organized online by the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca Romania.
The Technical University of Cluj-Napoca is built on the mottos of innovation, ambition and academic excellence, being today placed in the top 12 of the Romanian universities. With around 20,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students and 1,500 employs, covering academic, administrative and operational staff, the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca is widely recognized today as a leading higher education and advanced research institution in Romania.
We are deeply proud to organize this international conference with your kind support, which is an achievement of what we try to carry out here in our university. The main goal of this conference is providing an international forum and discussion on advances in the field of Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing, both in its theoretical foundation and real life applications.
The organization of the sessions reflects the main topics of the conference: Intelligent Systems, Computer Vision, Distributed Computing and Networking. Special sessions and workshops are organized in cooperation with other international projects and institutions:
- “HiPerGrid - High Performance Grid Middleware” – special session organized in cooperation with University “Politehnica” of Bucharest, Romania
- “Deep Learning Based Perception for Autonomous Systems” - special sessions organized in the framework of the PN-III-P4-ID-PCCF-2016-0180 SEPCA project
- “Bosch Students Workshop focused on Vision Based Driving Assistance” - organized by Robert Bosch Romania
- Integrated Semantic Visual Perception and Control for Autonomous Systems – workshop organized by the Image Processing and Pattern Recognition Research Center of Computer Science Department fromTechnical University of Cluj-Napoca.
It is a great honor for our university to host as key note speakers three distinguished academics and researchers from USA, Canada and Germany. The conference quality will be increased by the plenary presentations:
- "Robotics and AI: Promises and Challenges", given by Daniela Rus, is the Andrew (1956) and Erna Viterbi Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Director of the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) at MIT
- "Building Knowledge for AI Agents with Reinforcement Learning" given by Dr. Doina Precup, which splits her activity between McGill University/MILA, where she holds a Canada CIFAR AI (CCAI) Chair, and is leading the DeepMind Montreal office
- “Camera Calibration” given by Knorr Moritz senior research engineer at Bosch Corporate Research The online oral presentation of the papers is organized in 19th sessions on Friday and on Saturday. These sessions were planned with sufficient length to encourage the direct dialog and exchange of ideas among researchers in contiguous areas.
We want to thank to IEEE Romanian Computer Society Chapter for their sponsorship and technical support. The logistic support from several scientific institutions and companies is gratefully acknowledged: Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Academy of Technical Sciences of Romania, Robert Bosch Romania and Porsche Engineering. I take this opportunity to thank those who have personally contributed to the scientific organization of 2020 IEEE ICCP. First of all to the authors who have supported the conference with a large number of submissions; to the members of the Program and Organization Committees who took care of the many facets of the scientific and logistic organization. I wish all conference participants a successful meeting and I hope you find the next few days to be very productive.
Thank you for your attention.
Prof. Sergiu Nedevschi
2020 IEEE ICCP Chair